Palos Heights, Illinois

I recently had my sick 6 year old cat diagnosed with Diabetes and Pancreatitis.When I grought her in I was so upset and did not pay attention to their treatment plan.

When I received the invoice for the first day it was well over $800.00. I had to being her back the next day and that was another $108.00. She was not responding to the insulin so I had to put her to sleep that same week which cost an additonal $225.00. Now I am stuck with a large bill of over $1200.00 dollars.

These vet hospitals are no different than human ones. Boy, do they see you coming when you have a pet you love and would do anything for them. It doesn't make a difference which VCA you go to they are all highway robbers.

How am I going to pay for it I do not know.I will not use them again, ever......

Review about: Vca Animal Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Had an Experience with Vca Animal Hospital?

Comments

Palos Heights, Illinois, United States #1324007

I agree with you.Our vet had us take one of our dogs to the VCA in Aurora which is a specialist vet clinic.

Like you, I was scared and wanted the best for my dog. They operated on his thyroid and removed it at the cost of $4,400. When I brought him in for a follow up I was told he had cancer and had 3 to 6 months to live. Of course with chemo we could extend his life 2 or 3 months.

The vet was insistent we do this. I said NO! I would not put him thru this for a POSSIBLE no guarantee treatment.

Cost for being told he had cancer that could not be cured was $1,200.

They play off your fear and pain.

The problem is that most people don't bother bringing a pet to the vet until it is too late.Cats don't always tell us when they are hurting and can be as stubborn as humans about trying to act normal.

It is a tragedy when a pet is sick. If we had the medical knowledge to treat them ourselves we probably would. The sad truth is that it takes a lot of education to be a successful vet. They have to work with patients who can't tell them the facts.

That is why it is critical for regular, albeit expensive, annual care. Adopting a pet is not much different than caring for any loved one. Benign neglect up to the point they are too sick is still neglect. I am not trying to be cruel and I do not work for a vet.

I work at an airport and routinely see how benign neglect injures animals. How people "love" them and shove them into too small carriers, don't give them adequate water or have them checked prior to flying and then wonder why they get sick and die. This is not about health care workers taking advantage. I doubt most go into this for the money, they go into because they care, but like the rest of us they need to bring home the kibble for their own families.

I live in a town where they poisoned our water and my own healthy cats died so believe me I know how you feel.

There is no blame here.It is expensive and painful to place a cost on life.

Quoted me," Could be as high as $2,000. 00 for cleaning cat's teeth.,

Don1954
Kissimmee, Florida, United States #884528

Yes it's a shame how these "healers" take total advantage of people in their time of need , when we are most vulnerable . These vets know it and should be red flagged and highlighted .