My cat was a patient with VCA for many years, she came down with an illness and was only treated for the symptom and not the cause.As a result she passed away.

Patient fees were too high and was given poor service. My cat would still be alive today if she received adequate medical care. As a result I have terminated my services with VCA. I am heartbroken my kitty is no longer alive.

Making money seems more important to the staff rather than saving lives. I have found a better service to care for my animals,.

May my kitty RIP.

Comments

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty.Those who work there and defend these actions are in denial.

I too experienced a similar loss using a VCA hospital. And to the comment above, my pet went thru extensive pre-op blood work and everything came back good. I believe that the commission based system that VCA uses with is vets only encourages them to do unncessary services. In my case, my pet was subjected to unnecessary hours worth of anesthesia that ultimately killed him...and not while on the table but as a result of complications later.

He sufferred needlessly for days after the unnecessary surgery. I encourage others to find a private practice vet that you can establish a long term relationship. In my personal opinion,VCA is all about its stock price. Unfortunately in this case, you don't get what you paid for.

I will forever hold the VCA vet who operated on my pet responsible for her poor judgement.I miss him terribly...but to VCA it is just another pet that was put down.

Unfortunately vets are not psychics. I'm very sorry for your loss. But unless tests are performed, the vet is unable to diagnose the disease, so treating the symptoms is the only humane option left.