On Sunday, May 26, 2013, my fur-baby passed away at home, in my arms. Several hours later, I took him to the VCA Animal Hospital in Tacoma to have him cremated.

The receptionist told me it would take two weeks before I receive his paw print. After not hearing from VCA Animal Hospital in two weeks, I called them on Friday, June 14, 2013. The first person I spoke to put me on hold for several minutes, only to come back and tell me they have to look into it. This got me suspicious, but I continued to give them the benefit of the doubt.

A little after midnight, a different individual called to tell me that they have a new protocol where cards are sent to the doctors to sign, but they have to find out who has the cards, and call me back. At this point, any benefit of the doubt I had for them is gone and my suspicions grow greater in that they did not do a paw print of my fur-baby and are simply coming up with excuses instead of being honest. Here it is June 22, 2013, a week later and still no call. This lack of compassion, understanding and follow-through only adds to the pain and devastation that one experiences after losing a fur-baby.

At this point, I believe if they were to provide me with a paw print now, I would be very skeptical that it was of MY furbaby's print. How VCA Animal Hospital handled this case demonstrates to me that they really don't care for an animal or the family once their pet is gone.

I suppose in their mind it's...no pet, no profit. I'm completely angry by this and will definitely find another Veterinary, should I decide to get another fur-baby.

Review about: Vca Animal Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Comments