Profits trump care here. The staff are great and dedicated, but they are forced to toe the corporate line.

In summary, the wellness plans they offer have fake discounts. Once we discovered this (we were new pet parents who heard the VCA was good) we cancelled the annual contract without being notified that we would have to make up the difference. Since they DO NOT supply copies of the signed contracts (our bad for not insisting), we had no idea that we would be paying nearly the same amount for prior care with the fake discounts removed, and were charged the cost nearly identical to fulfilling the contract.

We may as well have received the services until the end of the contract year, which we had no record of as we have no contracts for all three of our kitties. We learned a lesson here in regards to trust and being naive, but the VCA policies are no better than those of used car dealers.

Review about: Vca Animal Hospital Wellness Plan.

Comments

VCA claims that they use a radiologist for all of their x-rays and scans. That is a load of nonsense.

I was charged for a ct scan and x-ray with charges for the radiologist.

I asked for copies of the report. VCA has not given me a report because they cant the report does not exist.

Wow, I can't believe that they said you should give your kitten up if you weren't willing to pay their costs. I don't think I'd have received that response from the folks at my VCA.

Maybe they are not aware that other places provide care for much less. I'm now convinced that those extra costs subsidize the hospital and maybe some corporate pockets.

A friend of mine recommended a no-frills, older vet office where her kitties get great care at a fraction of the cost. I hope your kitten is doing much better!

Totally true. I took my kitten there for emergency care (poor girl broke her hip in an unfortunate slip off the fridge) they told me it would cost with the free first exam $326...

I'm poor, but not ***, I know an X-ray is not $200 and they didn't need to sedate her, and all this other *** they were charging me for. I do believe the vets care and the staff, when I said it must be the overhead they agreed, in the end I wasted my time and made the poor kitten wait another day for the X-ray. I made an appointment at my former (now present even tho they are a good 40 min away) she broke her little hip, the vet did the X-ray, gave her her shots, and pain meds for a grand total of $166, that is a more then half savings from what the VCA wanted just for giving her an X-ray (VCA nurse told me their X-rays are better because they get sent to a radiologist... And that the digital X-rays cost more per slide...

My thought is it should cost less per slide if it's digital...) ugh, the VCA vet didn't even come into the room, and they told me that if I can't afford to care for her properly I should give her up. Ugh!

No I can't afford the vca's extreme overhead rich fat cat business owners... I can afford the family owned and operated vet where the staff remembers you by first name...