At the VCA Hospital at Sierra Vista, AZ, we received notification for needing to update our dogs for Bordetella (Kennel Cough) in the mail. When I showed up the vet insisted that I had to get all shots for my dogs, even though all of the other shots still had several months to go before needing to get new vacinations.

I asked them why was it necessary for them to get "all" shots and I was told that "this is the way we do this in the hospital". For example, our dogs have a current rabies shot (was vacinated less than one year ago) that is good for 3 years. A three year shot is "legal" in AZ. They insisted on giving the shots.

As a result I paid a fortune for unnecessary shots, and I have another source that I can used that charges much less for shots than VCA.

It REALLY appears that they are trying to make money (profit) at the expense of animal care. I can't trust their judgement now, because I don't have confidence now if different tests, lab work are really necessary, or is a quick way for them to make a buck.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 17, 2010.

Comments

I have to disagree with this post. First, i have been a Client for years and years.

Never have i expieranced one of the doctors demanding this type of preventative care. I think you misunderstood what was being said. Maybe you were not listening. The care a VCA has always been wonderful.

And lab work is a very important part of RESPONSIBLE pet ownership. How else would you be able to know what is going on inside, with vital organs?