8.8K views
1.8

I signed up my dog GG for the care club and have basically received nothing over the past year. I did this mainly to cover her teeth cleaning.

When I scheduled the teeth cleaning (which is included with signing up for the $50 per month care club cost) there were many "add-ons" that were not included in that service. "anesthesia, medications, etc. After that I called within a few months to take advantage of the other covered services that were to be included in this "club". I wanted a routine exam.

they told me if nothing was wrong with GG don't bring her in.

I just called about having her nails trimmed and was told that was not a covered service. this has been the biggest waste of money and I am in the process of cancelling this service.

Review about: Vca Animal Hospital Careclub Wellness Plan.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: Care club was ripoff.

Comments

Type your message here

I've had great discounts using my VCA CareClub account....the only problem i have is it is not transferable to other offices if you move....we moved and still have to go to our old VCA hospital to get the benefits, which is quite a ways away!

This is very helpful. I had the feeling it would be a rip off when they decided to charge me for the first "free" consult.

I am VERY pleased with Care Club! A no-brainer for me!

ONE yearly visit, tests and shots is over $319!!! Why WOULDNT I pay monthly and hv all of the other routine visits too???Shout out to VCA FAIRLEIGH HOSP in Louisville, Ky -- especially TODD-who always takes good care of my plan and services for my JoJo-- Lemon Beagle--2 yrs old!Sherrie Brown

Melissa Lopez

With the exception of Dr. Tanaka, I have personally had a few issues with VCA general staff where I go.

They have been rude and just plain ignorant.However, I'm confused about your post because you say you only pay $50 a month for your dog. I pay $71.99 for each of my 2 dogs on the care club. I have only had to pay for medications and was offered a nail trim (which I declined) as it is "included" when your pet is already being seen for something else.Most vet hospitals/clinics do not even offer just a nail trim as this is considered grooming. But they may do one if the pet is being seen for something else.Please look at the details of the care packages they offer.

The specifics are on their website athttps://vcahospitals.com/becker/hospital/client-programs/vca-care-clubThe fine print under dental cleaning for canines says_________________________________________INCLUDED IN SENIOR PAWS+ ONLY)Continued oral health can help keep your pet healthy in their golden years. Dental cleaning is crucial to helping your dog avoid gum disease, tooth loss and infections that can spread to the heart, kidney and liver.1 professional dental cleaningIncludes evaluation, cleaning, anesthesia, fluids, hospitalization and dental X-rays*.Tooth extractions and related medications are not included.*Available only at hospitals with dental radiography equipment.____________________________________________In reviewing the care plan details, here are the details under the canine exams section.____________________________________________EXAMS5 visits per year include:*1annual wellness exam*1 semi-annual wellness exam*3 additional visits: exams to care for their skin, coat, weight concerns or any unexpected health needs_____________________________________________If you purchased the correct package and have followed all of the criteria for that package I suggest you contact their corporate office with receipts etc and ask that they correct the mistake and inform their staff. Otherwise this may be a miscommunication on the care plan package you purchased.Note:I did not include any information for the puppy care plan which is for 1 year old and younger.

They do not offer a dental for puppies as it is not something that is typically necessary for under a year old. Unless there are any oral complications.

Agreed. The Care Club is a total scam.

They even charged me for dressing changes after I pay $1000 for a small growth removal.

Impossible to cancel. Help!

The thing about this review is that they probably did no research on what the care club actually covers. NO WHERE does it say that nail trimmings are included in the care plan.

That was ignorant on your part. As far as them telling you not to bring your dog in, They say that so that you do not waste your visits on nothing. You only get a certain amount of visits a year and they consider that, but if you still want to bring your dog/pup in, then they will see them.

This was just someone who did not read the pamphlet thoroughly and got mad. VCA Care Club is a great service I have 2 dogs on the plan.

to Anonymous #1463618

A routine annual exam is not a waste of time, so if this was the case they were absolutely wrong.

to Anonymous #1478121

Exactly!

to Anonymous #1504512

I also have 3 cats and 1 dog on the care club. It is a great service to have.

I love this plan. Had my pup on the senior plan.

Covered almost all of the 8 teeth he had removed, all xrays and anesthesia, all vaccs and routine exams. Im sad they dont transfer hospitals, as i am moving out of state.

No fee except whats already been paid. This information is on the contract you signed :)

I signed up but never received a welcome email so i cant log in or get help.

How were you able to cancel, I can't find any information on it. The whole thing is a ripoff!

to Allie #1447695

Did you ever figure out how to cancel? I've called, disputed the charges on my credit card and they still manage to get my money.

to Kathleen 12 #1465390

Call your bank and have them blocked from charging and receiving any funds from your account.

Montgomery, Alabama, United States #1292816

There should have been an "Appendix A" that list all the covered services covered attached to your copy of the contract. Use them!

to Celeste #1478125

There is. People just don't want to take the time to read things.

West Hollywood, California, United States #1273329

Hello,

Were you able to cancel the Care Program? We were told it was a one year contract and we were liable for any remaining monies even if our animal left this world within the year..

To clarify ,if we signed up today and we lost our pet in a month we would have to pay the remaining months at $90.00 per month for the remaining 11 months.

Thank you for your response.

to Babs #1285137

I agree. I lost my baby boy 2 weeks ago and I had just signed him up for the senior care plan less than 2 weeks earlier.

Now Inam responsible for the rest of the payments for the year. Unbeleivelavle as that was not was U was told after ask Big MANY MANY questions about this.

to Babs Quincy, Massachusetts, United States #1337791

My plan information, no.6, Non-Cancellation.....this VCA CareClub Wellness Plan may be terminated during a plan year by Member, if (a) the Patient dies, or (b) if Member moves more than 30 miles from the Provider Hospital........