admitted my dog on Aug 19th - for treatment of kidney disease based on initial bloodwork, done the day before....

after the 1st day, Dr. Avezov ( VCA-Reseda, CA)was suppose to discuss options available before proceeding the next 2 days of treatment...instead my case was handed off to his medical director- the 'milking'professional...who strongly suggested keeping him in for the entire treatment - of course....

front office staff, are incompetent and very much lack customer service....back office, lies to your face when you hear your dog crying in pain, denying that it is another.....then truth comes out..they rush you out once they got their $$$$$$, even though they are suppose to show you how to administer Sub-Q fluids @ home.....

they had my dog all doped up , yet insisted he was stable ....

they had fluids running thru him @ 63ml/hr, but advises you to administer the Sub-Q fluids @ 250ml/day....

how would anyone or anything survive w/ kidney failure not kidney disease? this negligence should be noticed and action should be taken, asap!

they lack complete compassion for the patient and for the families.....

they are very good @ preying on those who are desperate to accommodate their beloved 'family member'

Comments

i whent to briarcliff animal hospital in jacksonville fl. for many years, then vca bought the clinic and everything changed.

now they price gouge you on services, tests and meds and office visits, and everything else. so i switched vets. i can get 10 visits for what the vca clinic charged me for one,AND GET BETTER CARE FOR MY PET. STAY AWAY FROM THIS CLINIC.

IT IS LOCATED AT 3901 SOUTHSIDE BVLD. JACKSONVILLE, FL. 32216.

I KNOW ALL THE REALLY GOOD VETS HAVE LEFT THAT CLINIC. VCA HAS RUINED A GOOD ANIMAL CLINIC.

w/your tactless remarks, how/why would anyone in the right mind listen to your 'reasoning'....??

blah, blah, blah

again, it's very apparent... you read the complaint, differently...

re: kidney disease.... no ***, Sherlock!

anonymous3

to TO: Yes, kidney disease and kidney failure do go hand in hand, but you should already know that there can be a a huge difference in the two. Chronic issues if caught early can be treated and managed.

Acute issues can be as well. The person posting asked how could anything survive with kidney failure? Did this mean the pet was at end stage kidney failure? Or was it a chronic/acute problem just recently diagnosed?

Doesn't really matter, I'm sure they would have recommended the same treatment regardless. Yet the person posting was the one that asked how could anything survive kidney failure, not me. You surely know that kidney disease/failure can occur in stages. If caught early enough a patient may have adequate renal function for years as long as it is well managed.

This includes medications and fluid therapy.

Actually, I do have to admit, I have been a *** as recent posts have stated... I spent time trying to bring reason to those that cannot be reasoned with. The person posting feels that her pet was treated inadequately, and obviously nothing will change that.

Best of luck to your pets. I honestly do wish them the best.

she read complaint and saw the whole picture...of what was going on ....

not like the *** who kept posting (anonymous7775)

we need more people like her !

thank you for your understanding!

good for you. Let people know what is going on to give businesses an incentive to be honest.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Our cats are "our children".

bring it ..come say anything to my face...little dumb *** ***

you think you know what you are talking , you don't know jack!

btw- kidney failure and kidney disease go hand in hand ...

you are a ***

talk about who needs to get their facts straight!

fyi- he was crying out in pain bcause they were yanking the catheter out.! yet, they lied on which dog it was, until the truth came out....like an owner would not recognize their dog's yelp.... like i said, best check your facts !

stop wasting your time telling me things , i already know...

get a *** life!

anonymous3

Sorry, I meant evil doctors at VCA, not Banfield. There have been so many complaints against both, I just can't keep them straight. My Bad.

anonymous3

Call me a dumb***, I really don't care. Thank you for confirming my statement about your combative responses.

I've tried to be nice, now I won't.

Stop being *** and get your facts straight before you post a complaint.

Your pet was diagnosed with a serious problem, Kidney disease. Most doctors recommend hospitalization on iv fluids. Often a 3 days stay is minimum. During their stay the pet may be put on numerous medications that not only prevent infection but also help to control electrolyte imbalances, protein loss, etc. This costs money. Most importantly, the doctors are trying to flush out your pets system and try to bring Kidney values down to a more manageable state.

This doesn't happen overnight. It may not happen at all, but no one knows until they try.

Your comment about your pet crying in pain can only be responded to as such..

If it was in fact your pet crying in pain at the hospital then only 3 thoughts come to mind...

1. Your pets kidney disease was so progressed that it was indeed in a lot of pain. If this was the case, your pet would probably have been crying in pain at your house as well prior to your vet visit since it was so sick.

2. Your pet wasn't actually crying in pain, but crying because they were kenneled for their hospital stay. (Not uncommon to have a patient that really doesn't want to be there.)

or.. 3. The Evil doctors at Banfield, and their staff were beating your pet with a billy club because they do so hate taking care of sick patients.

Finally, you stated that your pet was diagnosed with kidney disease yet later on you said "how would anything survive with kidney failure not kidney disease?... negligence should be noted." Which is it? Kidney failure or kidney disease?

Once again, get your facts straight!

You're the person that decided to take your pet to Banfield, you decided not to get a second opinion.

What actually happened with your pet? Is it still alive. If it is, are the kidney values being managed? I'd like to know.

Your complaints overall are ridiculous and as far as dumb*** remark goes... I could care less, You've posted a ridiculous complaint and to be honest the only dumb*** is you.

You decided to take your pet to Banfield and You decided to Not get a second opinion.

get a life , dumb ***

anonymous3

I DARE ASSUME THAT since you posted your comment..."..the 'Milking' professional..who strongly suggested keeping him for the entire treatment-of course." What exactly do you expect me to think when you post a comment like that? That comment, to me, is all about money.

Ever ytime you comment on the comments to your post you are combative. Every time you comment you add new tidbits to your complaint. The tech was mean, my dogs nose was missing, the vet doesn't know Jack about kidney disease, etc. etc. etc.

When you can honestly report that your pet was ill taken care of, then post a report.

You've already decided that your were done wrong and nobody can change your mind.

Here's a thought for next time ... GET A SECOND OPINION!

guessing we'll have another post from you then as well.

IN REVIEWING ON HOW TO ADMINISTER SUB-Q'S, WATCHING THE *** TECH SQUEEZE THE BAG OF FLUID W/ BOTH HANDS, FULL STRENGTH, CAUSING DISCOMFORT TO MY PET..TO HURRY US OUT OF THERE....THAT IS 'STANDARD PROCEDURE'? AND TO LIE ON HOW A PIECE OF HIS SNOUT WAS INJURED AND TO LIE THAT IT WAS OUR DOG THAT CRYING IN PAIN..'STANDARD PROCEDURE'? AND TO NEGLECT ON IMFORMING OF AVAILABLE OPTIONS, 'STANDARD PROCEDURE' , I PRESUME....?

NEVER MENTIONED DID NOT HAVE THE AVAILABLE FUNDS.... HOW DARE YOU ASSUME THAT W/OUT ALL THE FACTS!

***!

anonymous3

Kidney disease in pets is something that, if caught early, can be maintained with ongoing well checks, diagnostics and treatment. I'm really not getting what your complaint is about.

They diagnosed your pet and recommended an appropriate treatment. At first diagnosis, no one can say for sure if a pet will respond to fluid therapy. Often times having the pet hospitalized for a few days on fluids along with appropriate medication will actually help to control and manage the disease process, worst case scenario the vet can honestly tell you that it is unlikely your pets disease can be controlled or managed. A few days of hospitalization on iv fluids is the only way to determine this.

If you were strapped for money and could not afford the treatment recommended by the vet, then you should have stopped treatment.

Just because someone recommends something, it doesn't mean you have to do it. Don't blame the doctors because you allowed them to treat your pet in the manner they recommended. Blame yourself for not having the guts to tell them to stop. You should never be ashamed for being honest and telling the doctor or staff that your fund are limited.

I work in a private practice and we try to accommodate the financial situations of all our clients.

We understand that not every owner can spend thousands of dollars on their pet and we try to adjust our treatment plan accordingly.

I hope your pet does well, however your blog does not lead me to think that VCA treated your pet poorly. Most likely they recommended a treatment plan that was above your means and you became frustrated.

Hollis Center, Maine, United States #247024

Please report them.

Tamalpais-Homestead Valley, California, United States #216182

They got me also, but only for $900 for x-rays. Thank God I went to a second vet and he said the x-rays showed the dog was fine.

They were asking $4800-$5500 for a operation he would have never needed. Please stay away from any VCA Animal Hospitals the Doctors only get paid 20% of each bill.

#190422