5.0

How VCA Roswell animal hospital caused my German Shepherd puppy to lose a leg & foot MY German Shepherd dog puppy went in with a dislocated hip and is losing part of his leg and foot as a result of having his leg wrapped too tight at VCA ROSWELL ANIMAL HOSPITAL 1112 ALPHARETTA ST ROSWELL, GA 30075 770-993-9031 Jessica Corley DVM MATTHEW ROPER FACILITY DIRECTOR & dvm Jessica slack front desk clerk Aug 12th Saturday Our 10 month old German Shepherd Puppy was walking on three legs holding his rear left leg up.Aug 13th Sunday He wasn't better his vet was closed.

Aug 14th Monday Attending Vet Jessica Corley He dislocated his left hip. It just needed to be set back in place & wrapped and we'd be on our way. He'd have to wear the wrap 1 or 2 weeks. (as a sidenote it was suggested we get x-rays confirming whether or not he had hip dysplasia $400 he does) I was told to watch his toes, make sure they didn't spread or cross, that would mean the wrap was too tight.

Aug 16 Wednesday For 2 days my puppy was in obvious discomfort & while his toes neither crossed or spread he cried, I brought him back to VCA at that appointment facility director Roper D.V.M. checked if the wrap was too tight, he took it off the foot & cut slits in the leg. Aug 18th Friday 5pm my dogs toes were clearly swollen I put him in the car & as I was driving back to VCA to have (now by the layperson's eye), a painfully tight bandage reassessed the front desk clerk Danielle told me not to bother coming they were closing in 30 minutes. She stated I should go to the emergency vet, I drove home and removed the bandage myself.

My puppy's foot began to ooze watery blood immediately. His circulation had been cut off. HIS FOOT WAS ALREADY DEAD IT WAS TOO LATE Aug 19 Saturday I CALLED VCA SATURDAY & THEY WOULD NOT SQUEEZE MY PUPPY IN INSISTING THE DRAINAGE WAS NORMAL & They made me an appointment for Monday AUG 21 Aug 21 Monday WHEN I GOT THERE, HE HAD A FEVER AN INFECTION WASN'T GETTING CIRCULATION TO HIS FOOT. THEY APOLOGIZED SAID THEYD TRY TO REESTABLISH CIRCULATION AND HED BE THERE 12-15 DAYS.

HE WAS ON AN ANTIBIOTIC PUMP & ID NEED TO PICK HIM UP BY 9 & DRIVE HIM TO A 24 HR VET , TO BE WATCHED OVERNIGHT SO THEY COULD Attempt to bring some circulation back to his leg and he could be monitored. Then I would have to pick him up at 6 AM when the emergency vet closed and bring him back to VCA for the next 2 weeks. AUG 22 TUE A DAY LATER HE WAS RUSHED TO BLUE PEARL IN SANDY SPRINGS GA BY VET AMBULANCE FROM THEIR FACILITY TO SEE A SURGEON AT WHICH POINT I LEARNED HE WOULD LOSE A LEG.. Aug 25 MY German Shepherd dog puppy went in with a dislocated hip and is losing part of his leg & foot as a result of being wrapped too tight.

My dog has been at VCA on heavy sedatives and an antibiotic pump this entire time with each passing day I take my son to visit the dog.AT 11 AM I took my dog to The University of Georgia where he is having a partial leg amputation and being fitted for a prosthetic.

Review about: Vca Animal Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Reason of review: My dog lost his leg.

Preferred solution: I want to 5 million dollars to set an example for all vets throughout the country that animals are not property they are to be treated as living things the same as humans when the surgeon goes in to operate on an animal they should do so as alert a human.

I liked: Hospital b4.

Had an Experience with Vca Animal Hospital?

Comments

It's October 14 2017 Regan is still in bandages VCA HAS been yanking our chain from day 1 we are currently almost 20k in debt

VCA you owe this Dogs vet bills & hip replacement everyone including private vets & university's we've consulted with feel you lack compassion & will never work for you.Everyone thinks marsglobal has destroyed Veterinary care knows you are worth billions & is jaw dropping shocked when they see this dog.

Investors, peers, potential investors, now former clients, it will add up over the span of this Dogs life. You will never not hear about Regan Lambdin.

Never.Not as long as my youngest child is living.

VCA nvr paid for anything it cost almost 10k & because he's still in treatment with MRSP & no prosthetic.

Furthermore, we were assured he'd need a full hip replacement young & this was only going to hasten the process. The poor dog walks like a ferret.

I'm not one who looks for somewhere to place blame. But this was a careless stupid mistake, pay attention to your job when a living breathing beings future is in your hands.

this was rated 0 stars

everyone knows the only people that comment on these posts work for VCA my 16 year old son catches you clowns every time.

My dog is in a sugar wrap meant to draw the infection from and unbeknownst to us already dead limb. You would have to call the University of Ohio who gave their graduate Jessica Corley doctor of veterinary medicine I'll call and ask them where they gave her this wonderful advice from.

to Crissy Lambdin #1370473

In their defense she failed to mention she was working on a cold foot

why is your dog outfitted in such a simplistic bandage, clearly meant for protection of the hock region down throughout the digits if your dog was diagnosed with a dislocated hip?if you elected to have radiographs taken and they were done with decent enough technique to definitively diagnose your dog as dysplastic (which it sounds like you did indeed do, as was recommended) then yes, a dislocated hip would be an easy call/diagnosis for the vets at such a facility to make.

my question then is: WHY did they place the type of bandage they did (as is pictured)???

this is an entirely inappropriate bandage for a dislocated hip. note that the hips of your dog are allowed free mobility and wide range still with only one foot bandaged.

was there also a *** splint put on your dog's lower extremity?? it's hard to tell from the image, but the portion of the bandage covering the toes appears like there is a (very poorly placed) hard plastic splint underneath.

still, wrong treatment for hip issue.this is quite confounding.

to cranky vet tech #1365135

To the initial "vet tech" that responded you were fired from your job because you are an inept ***.You are not a vet tech you were a delusional front desk clerk that got to wear scrubs to work.

Your pathetic excuse for a clinic cost an animal his leg again- I'd take the firing & shut up.You're looking for a civil suit

to *** #1365191

...if you are replying to me, i have no horse in this race, so to speak.i am one hundred percent unaffiliated with the medical facility/ies that are or have been involved in this pet's care, nor do i know the owner of the animal.

i also, admittedly, do not have the full case study in front of me, so i will assume the OP was biased and ignorant to some degree.

regardless of all aforementioned factors, if a dog's hip is displaced and the hip(s) are also dysplastic, the bandage pictured is an absurd excuse for a viable treatment option.

that was my only point.

i wish all involved the best.