We took 2 dogs to be boarded at Petsarepeople2 in Roswell, Ga at $19/day per dog for 3 days. By the time we picked up our dogs, they had run the bill up to almost $500.

We checked with our regular vet and were told some of the charges were SEVEN times what he would charge and others things were not even necessary. We were very happy with their service in the past, but this is totally ridiculous.

What a rip off. They have never required us to have all the trumped up procedures done in the past and did not notify that any of this was required until we dropped the dogs off on our way to catch a flight.

Review about: Vca Animal Hospital Pet Medical Service.

Comments

OH MY GOSH!!! This sounds exactly like what happened to us in Arizona.

We had called several vets and boarding places and visited the facilities. We got prices and settled on VCA since our big dog had been to the vet there. The original quote was about $480 for all 4 dogs. The big dog stayed in a cage by himself and the 3 little dogs stayed in one cage.

We brought their food.

Our bill for 5 days - $982.86. They told us an exit bath would be additional charge, CPR, if necessary, also additional and pricing depended on level of care.......This was

#331979

What did they charge you for? They can't do procedures unless you sign off for them.

I use VCA in midtown and have had similar issues. I just picked up my dog, and when I dropped him off, they went over a "bill" in detail with me prior to me dropping him off. There was a section at the end of the paperwork that I had to sign saying that if my dog needed medical attention, they would call me prior to him receiving any procedure.

There were some new charges on the bill, like charging for disposal of his waste?

WHAT? They charge when my dog has to #2? However, I did have an issue when they said my dog was ill, allergy like symptons. He's 16 years old.

The vet gave him an antibotic. I was NOT notified and refused to take the antibotic home when I picked my dog up. I called my credit card company while in VCA and told them what VCA was trying to do. The Card Company approved the charge so that I could get my dog, then asked me if I wanted to decline the charges.

I said yes, right in front of the staff and vet.

Needless to say, the Vet took the bottle back and walked off. Why have I been going there for over 14 years?

#331976

I use VCA in midtown and have had similar issues. I just picked up my dog, and when I dropped him off, they went over a "bill" in detail with me prior to me dropping him off. There was a section at the end of the paperwork that I had to sign saying that if my dog needed medical attention, they would call me prior to adminsitering any procedure.

I said yes, right in front of the staff and vet.