Crestwood VCA in Ridgecrest, Ca is horrible, we brought our dog in for an EMERGANCY because he was seizing and he was falling over, couldn't walk and they left him on the floor in the waiting room for 30 min while they continued to take regular appointments ahead of us. The vet tech looked at him from over 6 ft away and says "he's fine".... Really?! Once we finally got in a room we waited in a room for another 10 min while my dog was condition worsened. My husband insisted on a vet to come in, she came and took vitals then left again. Associate Veterinarian Catherine Nieh,came in took his vitals and said he was "not in a seizure" she left. While she was gone his condition worsened. She had no idea what was wrong and really didnt try to figure it out. She tried to give us anti inflammatory and antibiotics. Really how can you prescribe something if you dont know whats wrong. We refused the drugs as she was prescribing them blindly and we left, but not before they charged us Emergency fees and I told them all off. How could you trust these people with your best friend in an emergency???!! WE took our dog to Tehachapi and we saw the team at The Veterinary Hospital, Dr Komin is awesome. Our dog WAS in fact in a seizure and now probably had brain damage from being in it so long. Dr Komin did blood tests and gave him meds to get him out of the seizure right away. They took care of our boy and though he did not make it, we felt much better with the care and attention we got in Tehachapi. I would not recommend Crestwood VCA to ANYONE, not even someone I didn't like. They just flat out do not care; you can tell the moment you walk in. Caring is something you really can't fake and they don't even bother to try. The whole staff was really heartless.

If you have an emergency in Ridgecrest, you're in trouble because they are the ONLY one, but do yourself a favor and drive an hour or 2 out of town, you will be glad you did.

Comments

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. You were lucky because Tehachapi Vet hospital is normally a BAD place.

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. You were luck because Tehachapi Vet hospital is normally a BAD place.

#208488

:( sorry to hear that so sad,they use to care yrs ago,no more :cry i wish u the best god bless you :sigh