1.6

Update by user Jul 28

I expect that I will not hear anything from this vet clinic. I still owe over $100.00 to them which I will pay reluctantly.

I am just disgusted with the care my animal received from them. I will not be going back to say the least.

Original review posted by user Jul 28

VCA Asher review

I found a lump on my dogs neck on Monday afternoon. It was after 5:00pm so I went to VCA Asher on Hilltop. You told me you didn't know what it was. Dr. Jennifer Boterf $70.00 for that information and no diagnosis whatsoever. (July 9,2018)

Tuesday afternoon, the lump was getting bigger fast so I took him back to the vet. They still didn't know what it was. They took blood and scared him thoroughly. Dr. Jennifer Boterf $250.00 for that information and medication. (July 10,2018)

Wednesday evening. Blood test results were supposed to be in today, but no one called. I called at 11:00pm to get the results which were in. No indication of anything bad going on there you said.

My dog is dying in front of me and you can't find anything of concern going on in his blood or the lump on his neck.

Friday afternoon bigger still, so back to the vet we go. Another poke and they tell me to get it removed ASAP. Asher emergency surgeon will not operate, Friday afternoon, nowhere else to turn! Dr. Kristin Anderson

The VCA surgeon there wouldn't do it. She went home and left my dog to die in her wake. Why does an emergency animal hospital not have a qualified and capable surgeon available? No Charge for this visit. (July 13, 2018)

Sunday afternoon, now lumps have spread to other parts of his body and now on both sides of his face. He is obviously being eaten alive by a very aggressive disease of some sort. Back to the vet we go. No further dignosis, added extra pain medication to take home and watch him die slowly. Very knowledgeable Dr. today, I wish she had been the first to see my dog, maybe he would be able to see tomorrow if so. Dr. Caren Osgood $130.00 for my dogs diagnosis of "I don't know what it is" and 20 pills. $450.00 I am paying for veterinary medical care, yet my sweet dog has been made to suffer due to the lack of proper medical care from the veterinarian. You should have suggested having it removed the first day I brought him in. Now I will probably have to put him down to stop his misery all due to help from VCA Asher. There are 2 or 3 good veterinarians there, but they did not see my dog. If there is any other option for your pet, take it before going to VCA!!!

Tuesday mid day. My sweet dog can hardly get up to go outside, he is suffering and it's killing me. I have an appointment with a caring veterinarian today. I held him close, his head in my hand as he was put to sleep. This was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I hope I will never have to experience that again. I never realized how much I loved my best friend and dog! I miss him tremendously! It is all so unfair. You never know what you have until it is gone.

Thanks for helping me empty my bank account VCA Asher, that is all you managed to accomplish! I think you people should look into a different career/profession, since you're not very good at this one.

Reason of review: High prices for no diagnosis.

I didn't like: Lack of concern for the patient.

Comments